Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday in the park...

On the agenda for today:

1)Clean the apartment: not much fun but necessary since we are both so busy during the week now.
2)Pack a picnic lunch and take it to the park: The menu for today will be salami sandwiches, melon cubes, cheese sticks, and Vernors (mmm bubbly!). Robert plans on bringing a book to read, G. K. Chesterton's "Orthodoxy", and I will bring Pope Benedict XVI's newest encyclical "Spe Salvi" (Saved in Hope) which I am thoroughly enjoying so far. I also plan on bringing some knitting with me in honor of Worldwide Knit in Public Day.
So what are your plans for this fine Saturday?

UPDATE:
The park was lovely, the bugs... not so much. There were flying bugs, hopping bugs, hopping flying bugs, crawling bugs, and deer flies. We held out until the caterpillars and ants started to lay siege to our blanket, then we moved to a bench. The sandwiches were very good. There were many many people at the park, which is understandable since it is a very nice park. We many go back later in the evening.

Amanda

2 comments:

Daniel said...

The boat went into the water today, and now Mom and Dad are going in to TC to visit Dagney. Al says that she is getting her teeth in.

The Boat launch went very well. The weather was beautiful, and things went very smooth. Mom sat in the car for a while and knitted for the knitting in public day.

I have a question for everybody. Every time I go into a library, used book store or book section of a resale shop I need to use the bathroom. Does anybody else experience this strange phenomenon? Ngan tells me that it happens to her too and I'm wondering how wide spread it is.

Anyway, that is something to think about.

I am going to go study for the rest of the afternoon.

Rob said...

well I'm not sure about the bathroom/library connection, or at least i never noticed. I will be sure to think about it the next time im in a library!